Fear and Analysis

“But I’m not afraid!”, was the response of a friend ministering on a difficult team… The problem was, that his actions were telling a different story. Low level frustration and anger were evident, as well as pride. He wasn’t trusting God with some areas of his ministry.

Fear can have different faces.
Fear often doesn’t feel like the fear we experience when surprised by a friend, or the adrenaline response when watching an intense movie.

“What actions reveal that I am operating out of fear?” This may be the most revealing question you ask yourself this week.
Am I trying to control? 
Am I acting one way with my team, but grumbling about them later with someone else?
Am I struggling to follow the team leader?
Am I having a hard time seeing God’s hand in my team relationships?
Am I analyzing their unbiblical thinking, and wanting to show them where they are wrong?
Am I critical of their experience, and they way they serve the Lord?
These, and other questions may reveal your actions are sourced from fear, even if you don’t feel that your afraid...

The Gospel is bigger than my and my teammates limitations. When we trust God with others limitations, brokenness, and even self focus, we are trusting that Christ’s finished work on the cross will flow through those cracks, and out as grace into the lives of others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relegating the Cross to Easter