True Manhood Pt. 2
The posture of true manhood…
Outward…
Biblical masculinity is aimed outward.
A true man walks into a room and asks himself, "What is my responsibility here?" I am settled and strong. Because I know that the task He has given me, He will do through me. I'm just a steward.
In the doorway of this room I see people who need their value affirmed. I see women I may need to protect. I know that God is looking from eternity at eternal beings He perfectly made. They are like Him. Purposefull, not victims. At work, not consumers. Managers, just like me. We are corporately humble before Him.
I dress in the clothing of a man who wants others to know I am His man. I look into people's eyes, to make them lift their heads. I shake their hands, or connect with words that say, "I know you are special!"
Inward...
Masculinity aimed inward festers.
A temptation of our day for biblical men is to be thinking, "How am I being received here?" To not enter with Jesus, but alone. To protect self and ignore the task He has given me. Now I am God again, of me. No longer a steward, I am in control.
I am affirming my own value, and seeking the affirmation of others to ensure my value. I see women as creatures who can fill my need vicariously, and I have "broken" no rule. Except the greatest one. Or I hold them at arms length, not connected, not fulfilling my role as a godly man. I am a consumer, and I am "mildly" arrogant before Him…
I dress in the clothing of this pseudo God. Stretchy, skinny, booted and bearded. My nails are clean, and I am inline with societies current affirmation of masculinity. Or I choose the protection of cargo pants, hiking shirt, folding knife and outdoor labels. I stand back and wait to be noticed.
When in reality, Christ has been noticing. I only have to prayerfully look at Him in each of these places to recognize I am missing the blessed calling of being a man. NOW I can adjust my heart to a healthier and whole gospel. Which will in turn adjust my masculine posture, if I let it…
Just my opinion.
Outward…
Biblical masculinity is aimed outward.
A true man walks into a room and asks himself, "What is my responsibility here?" I am settled and strong. Because I know that the task He has given me, He will do through me. I'm just a steward.
In the doorway of this room I see people who need their value affirmed. I see women I may need to protect. I know that God is looking from eternity at eternal beings He perfectly made. They are like Him. Purposefull, not victims. At work, not consumers. Managers, just like me. We are corporately humble before Him.
I dress in the clothing of a man who wants others to know I am His man. I look into people's eyes, to make them lift their heads. I shake their hands, or connect with words that say, "I know you are special!"
Inward...
Masculinity aimed inward festers.
A temptation of our day for biblical men is to be thinking, "How am I being received here?" To not enter with Jesus, but alone. To protect self and ignore the task He has given me. Now I am God again, of me. No longer a steward, I am in control.
I am affirming my own value, and seeking the affirmation of others to ensure my value. I see women as creatures who can fill my need vicariously, and I have "broken" no rule. Except the greatest one. Or I hold them at arms length, not connected, not fulfilling my role as a godly man. I am a consumer, and I am "mildly" arrogant before Him…
I dress in the clothing of this pseudo God. Stretchy, skinny, booted and bearded. My nails are clean, and I am inline with societies current affirmation of masculinity. Or I choose the protection of cargo pants, hiking shirt, folding knife and outdoor labels. I stand back and wait to be noticed.
When in reality, Christ has been noticing. I only have to prayerfully look at Him in each of these places to recognize I am missing the blessed calling of being a man. NOW I can adjust my heart to a healthier and whole gospel. Which will in turn adjust my masculine posture, if I let it…
Just my opinion.
Comments