Prostrate before the Lord

"No longer I, but Christ who lives within me. This poverty, a treasure rich beyond compare. The life we live is not our own."  John Michael Talbot

How are we doing in the area of submission? In the midst of our running from coffee to couch to church service, where is the centrality and supremacy of Christ? What decisions did I make today that were guided by conversation with Him as my Savior and Lord?

In Malachi 1, God snaps his fingers to get the people's attention and cries out "I have loved you!" The grammar indicates a past and present perfectly executed action. "I have, and am completely and effectively loving you!" and they respond,"How?" Like distracted children, trying to extricate themselves from the ongoing discipline of the Lord, they look up and respond…

Emotionally connected they are not… Have you ever thought about how emotions are necessary for true submission? How much I need to reach out to Him with my heart in the morning, and praise Him, and submit my fears to Him, and connect emotionally with the true High Priest.

v.6 " A son honors his Father, and servant his master. Then if I am Father, where is my honor? And if I am a master, where is My respect?" Not only are they disconnected emotionally, but they can't effectively worship Him, because they don't have a mindset, or body set for that matter, of honoring Him, and giving Him respect. No, "Not my will, but thine." statements have come out of their mouths in a long time. No extended prayer seeking His face, because I know I am not in charge.

Fact: Barna Group tells us that when practicing christians where asked "What is standing in the way of Spiritual growth in your life?" They admitted, "Busyness of life." David Kinnaman, President of Barna Group says, " Millenials live in a digital Babylon." Lonely, self isolated, socially maladept.

More than ever before in America, Christians who follow God will look different. One reason is that they will choose to live at a pace that makes room for connectedness to Christ. How will they know if their deliberate choice to "make space" for Him is working? A submitted life where we walk in humility, knowing that our current reality is the result of His love.

What needs to change today, to change your pace?
When have set aside time to relate to Him over your life?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relegating the Cross to Easter