Worship - The Binding reality
Malachi 1:1 "'I have loved you', says the Lord. But you say, 'How have you loved us?'
Worship - "Prostrate"
God reveals Israel's automatic heart response to His love. Rather than live with a sense of reality, they have turned away from Him. His very covenant is ignored by them. They now believe that they will 'build up the ruins'. They don't bow before Him as God…
Honor (Obedience) - 'if I am a father, where is my honor?' They don't obey Him, as a son would his father. Their will is not submitted to Him.
Respect (Reverance) - 'if I am a master, where is my respect?' Their hearts and passions are not yielded to Him as king and Lord.
Purity - 'when you present the lame and sick (at the altar), is it not evil?… a grain offering that is pure' Choosing to not be holy (set apart), they don't trust the work of His altar. So they seek a sacrifice, without sacrifice! A costless holiness.
Worship is the binding force in our spiritual helix. Though it's many strands and details are necessary, it is worship that unifies. The diversity of our spiritual life is given meaning and context and staying power when we learn to "worship in Spirit and in Truth."
When I am prostrate on the ground, my emotions are gathered into a healthy response.
When I am bowed before Him, I know Him! My mind finds it's parameters in truth.
When I am yielded, and abandoned before Him…
My will calls out "Master!"
My heart is open to His love
My imagination is purified in His reality
My passions fly solo in the "one thing" of following Him.
Worship is the practice of binding all of who I am into the continual reality of knee bent, head bowed, and prostrate before the Lord.
Worship teaches us to submit all of who we are to Him.
Worship takes our great desire for a unifying reality, and finds it in Him.
Worship binds our grab bag of spiritual practices, and gives them clarity of journey, continuity, and longevity.
"'For I am a great king,' says the Lord, 'and my name is feared among the nations.'"
Learn to worship! or even following God will become…
v.13 "My how tiresome it is!"
When I think back on some of the years where I found the activities of following Him tiresome, and where I sought satisfaction in the success of disciplemaking, I realize how foolish I have been in my worship. Praise God that He drew me into deeper worship!
Worship - "Prostrate"
God reveals Israel's automatic heart response to His love. Rather than live with a sense of reality, they have turned away from Him. His very covenant is ignored by them. They now believe that they will 'build up the ruins'. They don't bow before Him as God…
Honor (Obedience) - 'if I am a father, where is my honor?' They don't obey Him, as a son would his father. Their will is not submitted to Him.
Respect (Reverance) - 'if I am a master, where is my respect?' Their hearts and passions are not yielded to Him as king and Lord.
Purity - 'when you present the lame and sick (at the altar), is it not evil?… a grain offering that is pure' Choosing to not be holy (set apart), they don't trust the work of His altar. So they seek a sacrifice, without sacrifice! A costless holiness.
Worship is the binding force in our spiritual helix. Though it's many strands and details are necessary, it is worship that unifies. The diversity of our spiritual life is given meaning and context and staying power when we learn to "worship in Spirit and in Truth."
When I am prostrate on the ground, my emotions are gathered into a healthy response.
When I am bowed before Him, I know Him! My mind finds it's parameters in truth.
When I am yielded, and abandoned before Him…
My will calls out "Master!"
My heart is open to His love
My imagination is purified in His reality
My passions fly solo in the "one thing" of following Him.
Worship is the practice of binding all of who I am into the continual reality of knee bent, head bowed, and prostrate before the Lord.
Worship teaches us to submit all of who we are to Him.
Worship takes our great desire for a unifying reality, and finds it in Him.
Worship binds our grab bag of spiritual practices, and gives them clarity of journey, continuity, and longevity.
"'For I am a great king,' says the Lord, 'and my name is feared among the nations.'"
Learn to worship! or even following God will become…
v.13 "My how tiresome it is!"
When I think back on some of the years where I found the activities of following Him tiresome, and where I sought satisfaction in the success of disciplemaking, I realize how foolish I have been in my worship. Praise God that He drew me into deeper worship!
Comments